Backless Neck Strape Velvet Dresses Cromoncent Womens Swing V Spaghetti Silver FwXp7qY
NDP Production Grants provide funding to artists/companies to create new dance works and touring subsidies to the U.S. organizations who bring that work to their communities.
More about NDP Production Grants
Cited as NDP’s “most important contribution to the field,” Production Grants provide funding to artists/companies to create a new dance work and provide touring subsidies to the organizations who bring that work to their communities. Production Grants are awarded to approximately 20 works annually through a highly competitive two-stage application process. Production Grants provide a package of support that includes:
- up to $45,000 towards the creation of a new work
- approximately $10,000 in general operating support
- up to $35,000 to support a U.S. tour of the work*
*Touring subsidies can support up to 50% of artist fees, including travel costs, and are allocated by the artist/company to eligible organizations as a Presentation Grant.
HOW IT WORKS:
Choreographers and/or dance companies apply to receive intertwined support for the creation and U.S. touring of a new dance work, which will be developed and premiere within 1-2 years from the deadline and will tour following the premiere. Applicants should demonstrate that they are working with anEma Black Hera Schw Ladies Solidus Womens Schwarz 0AYqwAOUxDr Wandered Microfiber Snake Black Scholl's Womens 66HqwPC who is helping to support the new work's creation and/or touring in a significant way.
Creation funds and general operating funds are paid directly to the artist or their fiscal sponsor to cover expenses related to making the new work during the creation period. Grant recipients are expected to complete a final report within 40 days of the project's premiere as designated in the contract.
In addition to creation and general operating funds, up to $35,000 is reserved for each project's U.S. tour during one of four associated NDP touring periods. The NDP touring period is the 18-month window in which a U.S. organization may receive NDP touring subsidy to present the NDP-funded work through the Dress CowCow Skater Snow Womens XS Red Christmas Ornaments Winter Santa Lights 5XL Deer rw8qr1 process. Artists choose one of four designated NDP touring periods based on when their work will premiere and be ready for touring.
The four NDP touring periods available for projects that receive a 2018 Production Grant are:
- January 1, 2019 - June 30, 2020
- June 1, 2019 - November 30, 2020
- January 1, 2020 - June 30, 2021
- June 1, 2020 - November 30, 2021
NDP publishes details about each project, including contact information for tour coordinators, in its August publication.
To be eligible to apply for a Production Grant, applicants must:
- Be professional choreographers or companies. Preference is given to U.S.-based dance artists and companies, but artists and companies based outside the U.S. may apply.
- Submit or appear in only one application per choreographer or company, including applications for a work that will be created by a guest choreographer on another company.
- Work with a U.S. organizational partner that will support the development and/or presentation of the proposed new work.
- Projects may be interdisciplinary and can include creators in other artistic forms.
- Silver Cromoncent Strape V Dresses Velvet Womens Neck Spaghetti Backless Swing Propose a new work to be developed and toured. Works may be in an early stage of development at the time of application as well as in mid or later stages of development so long as they will not premiere before September 2018. Artists and companies proposing works that will premiere after fall 2020 should apply in March 2019.
- Have nonprofit status or a nonprofit fiscal sponsor who will act on their behalf. If you are not a 501 (3) c organization, then you should list a non- profit organization, with 501 (3) c status, who agrees to be the fiscal sponsor as the ‘Payee‘ in the form, and upload their completed and signed W-9 form. Please do not ever upload a W-9 form with your personal information
- Fulfill the Requirements & Reports for Grant Recipients (see below), if awarded.
Applicants who are NOT eligible to apply are:
- Artists currently in a creation period from an NDP Production Grant or who are currently touring with NDP support through the end of the current calendar year.
- Artists who have received Production Grants for two consecutive cycles.* These artists must take two years off after their NDP grant period ends before applying again.
- School, youth, or student companies and groups.
- Artists who are self-producing a tour.
- Backless Cromoncent Silver V Swing Velvet Neck Spaghetti Dresses Strape Womens Artists with an overdue grantee report to NEFA; to regain eligibility, outstanding grantee reports must be submitted online to NEFA by the deadline of March 1, 2018.
* A Production Grant cycle includes the creation period and extends through the selected touring period.
NDP Production Grants Applications are evaluated using the following criteria:
- Support the creation and touring of new dance works that display imagination and excellence by artists across a range of geographies and career stages.
- Support work that reflects the cultural and aesthetic diversity of today’s dance field and expands the artists’ practice. NEFA values an equitable, diverse, and inclusive world, which we interpret as all people having fair access to the tools and resources they need to realize creative and community endeavors. We acknowledge structural inequities that have excluded individuals and communities from opportunity based on race, gender, disability, sexual orientation, class, age, and geography, and strive to counter those inequities in our work.
- Nurture meaningful partnerships between the artist/company and at least one U.S. organizational partner involved in the development and/or presentation of the work.
- Develop a viable, appropriate strategy for touring the new work to multiple communities in the U.S.
- Dresses Backless Womens Swing Velvet Strape Spaghetti Silver V Cromoncent Neck Offer the potential to deepen engagement with communities as the result of artistic practice and the content of the work.
The Production Grant selection process is divided into two rounds:
- Mid-January:Sandals Sand Julie Women's Dee Fashion Yq8WSqUaT NDP Production Grant inquiry application available.
- 11:59 PM EST, March 1, 2018: NDP Production Grant inquiry application deadline. Mid Women Grey Scarpa Plus Moraine GTX qnECES
- Velvet Dresses Neck Swing V Backless Strape Silver Womens Spaghetti Cromoncent May: Applicants are notified of preliminary decisions. Finalists are invited to submit a full proposal and are paired with an NDP Advisor who will guide applicants through full proposal development.
Full Proposal Round:
- Early May: NDP Production Grant request application available.
- Spaghetti Dresses Silver Strape Neck Backless V Womens Swing Velvet Cromoncent 11:59 PM EST, June 1, 2018: NDP Production request application deadline.
- July: NEFA announces NDP Production Grant recipients.
- September: NDP Awards publication available.
FULL PROPOSAL PROCESS for finalists
Useful Information to know if your NDP Inquiry proposal moves to the Finalist (Full Proposal) round.
- All eligible applicants are notified by the end of April if their project has moved forward to the Finalist round. Finalists are announced publicly on NEFA’s blog in May.
- Finalists who do not receive a Production Grant will receive a $1,000 Finalist Award to acknowledge the time and expenses required to go through the full proposal process.
- Finalists will be paired with a NDP Advisor panelist who will help in preparing the full proposal; this assistance may include discussion of the project and new developments, reading narrative answers, budget, and work sample feedback. Advisors will present the full application at the final Proposal meeting in June. NEFA staff is also available and ready to work with you on your proposal development and answer any questions about the form or process.
- The Full Proposal form asks for a minimum of three organizations that are strongly interested or committed to bringing the finished project on tour to their communities. These organizations should agree to be listed as such in the Full Proposal. The National Dance Project does not require signed contracts at any time during the application or award process.
- Cromoncent Velvet Backless Neck V Dresses Swing Strape Womens Silver Spaghetti The Full Proposal form asks for a five- minute work sample (Vimeo with downloadable capabilities or Google Drive). This can include up to three selections of at least one minute in length but should not be a promotional video. NDP staff can provide guidance on this.
- The invited proposal is due at 11:59 PM EST on June 1, 2018, all applicants will be notified by mid- July.
- First-time Production grantees will be invited to participate in a cohort gathering taking place over two days, October 15-16, 2018 in Atlanta, GA. This meeting will offer professional development and networking opportunities.
- NDP staff will be available during the application process to answer your questions, 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST Mon-Fri.
online Applications & Instructions
The 2018 preliminary Production Grant deadline was March 1, 2018. The Finalist application is by invitation only and due June 1, 2018 11:59PM ET. The 2019 Production Grant guidelines and application will be available in early 2019.
Click below to LOG IN and RETURN to your grant application.
- NDP Tour Plan submitted to NEFA by awarded artist or company’s tour coordinator, by the given deadline. Download Tour Plan Form.
- March 16, 2018 – Initial Tour Plan Deadline
- April 6, 2018 – Final Tour Plan Deadline
- Completed and submitted online Production Grantee Report (see below).
- Copies of program and publicity materials showing required crediting.
- Hi-res photos of the work.
- DVD of the completed work mailed to NEFA c/o NDP.
Click below to log in and begin your grantee report. You may save and return at any time.